Yeah, I've made mistakes.
I could have worded things better; I could have kept my mouth shut completely.
But I can't be the quiet one forever.
I'm not a saint. I never said I was. I'm as good, or bad, as everyone else.
The only difference is: when I make a mistake, it gets pointed out and brought up again and again, because big mistakes are few and far between for me.
But I try anyway, even when everything sucks.
Sometimes you just have to get over it.
"I thought I knew you. I thought we were friends."
Yeah, we were. But what kind of friendship can we possibly have when I feel like I'm always walking on eggshells around you?
You're not the only person in the world who's had a hard life.
You're not the only one with emotions.
You're not the only one who can decide to just give up.
What's the point? It's not worth it anymore.
We’ve both said things we probably shouldn’t have,
but you’ve said things that are completely untrue and unforgivable.
This was inevitable.
We have completely different personalities, completely different views on the world, and we’re probably both more than a little unstable. Our friendship was a fluke in the first place.
Frankly, I’m surprised we made it this long.
Standing on the outside, I can see how fake you are. I don’t get how I never noticed before.
Don't expect me to come crawling back to you weeks from now. This was not my fault, and I can’t handle your crap anymore.
And yeah, this situation will make things at school more difficult…
But I’d rather deal with that than deal with you.
Everything I said became a personal insult to you…and if that is how you want to live your life, then have fun. Keep taking offense at things, even the things that aren't offensive.
Stop trying to make excuses for yourself.
You’re always saying that people think of you a certain way…but don’t try to live up to their expectations. Make a new name for yourself.
But everyone can have their own opinions, even me.
It's not always about you.
I hope someday you'll realize that.
The past is the past, and you can't change it. So why try? All you can do is move on and try to overcome the obstacles, just like everyone else.
Live.
Maybe you'll find that not everyone is out to get you.
4 comments:
*standing ovation*
Agrees completely with 'The Pursuit.' Don't let any cretinous,(favorite word)disparaging, moron get to you. I can't stand the thought of people being so horrible to my best friend as to not even sitting or talking with you, just because someone else is idiotic. I happen to know this particular person is obnoxious, from the time at your birthday movie getting constantly hit in the head from them. Je regrette that I'm 'venting,' but this just makes me so irate.
you guys are my favorite :)
Of course! Duhhhh....:D
Post a Comment