"I once used to chase affection withdrawn
Honestly, I haven't felt this good in ages.
But now I just sit back and yawn
Because I am born..."
It feels good. Not dwelling on him anymore.
I still like him, of course. That probably won't go away for a while...
But he's my friend, and I'm happy if he's happy.
"I once thought that time accentuates despair
But now I don’t actually care
Because I am born..."
The longer everything went on, the worse it seemed to get.
But it was all in my head. It's crazy how you can trick yourself into being miserable.
Being happy is easier.
"I once thought I had numerous reasons to cry
And I did, but I don’t anymore
Because I am born..."
It feels good. Not dwelling on him anymore.
I still like him, of course. That probably won't go away for a while...
But he's my friend, and I'm happy if he's happy.
"I once thought that time accentuates despair
But now I don’t actually care
Because I am born..."
The longer everything went on, the worse it seemed to get.
But it was all in my head. It's crazy how you can trick yourself into being miserable.
Being happy is easier.
"I once thought I had numerous reasons to cry
And I did, but I don’t anymore
Because I am born..."
I'm not going to let stupid things ruin my life.
I'm moving on, moving forward.
"It took me a long, long time
But now I am born
I once was a mess of guilt because of the flesh
It’s remarkable what you can learn
Once you are born"
But now I am born
I once was a mess of guilt because of the flesh
It’s remarkable what you can learn
Once you are born"
Look at me now.
No more looking back.
I’ll be fine.
"At Last I Am Born" by Morrisey
No comments:
Post a Comment