Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

not forgotten


"You'll get over it." 

It's the clichés that cause the most trouble. To lose someone is to alter your life forever. You don't get over it, because 'it' is a person you cared about. The pain stops, there are new people, but the gap never closes.
How could it? The particularness of someone who mattered enough to grieve over is not erased by anyone. 

This hole in my life is in the shape of you and no one else can fit. Why would I want them to?                                                              
                                                              
I want to talk to you, but I don't know what to say. I am afraid you don't want me to say anything. So I don't. But inside of me there are words waiting to come out. To tell you how I feel- like how much I miss you. And how I think I loved you despite my inability to express anything besides casual friendship.
And how I need you in my life.
But those words may be forever locked inside.



Sometimes I wonder if there are words locked inside you too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know that feeling so well.
Emotions and memories, cannot be pushed aside so easily. Losing someone is always hard.That connection you had with them doesn't go away. And your feelings seem to have no where to go. You shouldn't bottle them up though. Not healthy.