turns out, I'm not so good at it.
I decided years ago that I wasn't going to prom unlesshe someone asked me.
sure, I could go with a group of my friends, who needs a date?
but I didn't really want to go at all.
but if some guy was crazy enough to ask me, I would go.
He didn't ask me. No one asked me.
I expected it.
I'm not disappointed.
I didn't want to go.
When I heard that he had asked her to go with him, I accepted it.
They're just going as friends.
He's known her longer than me.
He probably knew going to prom wasn't high on my list of priorities.
Regardless of the reason, I had accepted it. I was going to be mature about this.
Heck, she's my friend, too. I knew there was nothing going on with them.
When it started to rain that day, I laughed.
"All those kids out there trying to get pictures and get to prom without getting wet. Ha. I'm so glad I'm not going."
Anything to make me feel better.
I don't regret missing prom, but I know I'll regret not getting to go with you.
Maybe I should have asked him....
But After Prom was fun. Weird, ridiculous, pointless, yes. But fun anyway.
When I passed you two in the hall together, I put on my good-friend face and said "hey guys!" and just kept walking. Mature. I'm being mature about this.
Everything was fine.
I got homelast night this morning exhausted, and when I woke we had some family bonding over Wii gaming. Everything is fine.
Facebook. Every teen's lifeline. I thought I was braced for the onslaught of obnoxious prom-related statuses and pictures flooding my news feed.
But as I was aimlessly flipping through pictures of my friends in fancy tuxes and ridiculously poofy dresses....
...there it was. A picture that shouldn't bother me so much, but it does.
You and her, slow-dancing. A complete harmless activity between two friends.
But seeing your arms wrapped around her....I'm not mature enough for that.
I don't know how much longer I can take this.
Maybe I just need to grow up.
edit:
Good thing I have such amazing friends to make me feel better...
I decided years ago that I wasn't going to prom unless
sure, I could go with a group of my friends, who needs a date?
but I didn't really want to go at all.
but if some guy was crazy enough to ask me, I would go.
I expected it.
I'm not disappointed.
I didn't want to go.
When I heard that he had asked her to go with him, I accepted it.
They're just going as friends.
He's known her longer than me.
He probably knew going to prom wasn't high on my list of priorities.
Regardless of the reason, I had accepted it. I was going to be mature about this.
Heck, she's my friend, too. I knew there was nothing going on with them.
When it started to rain that day, I laughed.
"All those kids out there trying to get pictures and get to prom without getting wet. Ha. I'm so glad I'm not going."
Anything to make me feel better.
I don't regret missing prom, but I know I'll regret not getting to go with you.
But After Prom was fun. Weird, ridiculous, pointless, yes. But fun anyway.
When I passed you two in the hall together, I put on my good-friend face and said "hey guys!" and just kept walking. Mature. I'm being mature about this.
Everything was fine.
I got home
Facebook. Every teen's lifeline. I thought I was braced for the onslaught of obnoxious prom-related statuses and pictures flooding my news feed.
But as I was aimlessly flipping through pictures of my friends in fancy tuxes and ridiculously poofy dresses....
...there it was. A picture that shouldn't bother me so much, but it does.
You and her, slow-dancing. A complete harmless activity between two friends.
But seeing your arms wrapped around her....I'm not mature enough for that.
edit:
Good thing I have such amazing friends to make me feel better...

2 comments:
LIKE
I like your like :)
Post a Comment